Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chinese Puzzle Quilt for Christmas


I discovered a wonderful versatile project called the Chinese Puzzle Quilt. The recipe is simple, each block requires 5 - 5" squares. Four of the five assortment fabric prints are folded in half diagonally and are placed one at a time on the fifth unfolded square, basted in place one at a time. Below is a photo of my "Christmas" Chinese Puzzle Quilt.
There are several layout possibilities. I made a small pillow using this technique. A great project if you like to add dimesion and texture to your work. (Psst, I rate this project as "super easy" with stunning results
 Contact us if you would like the pattern. The cost is $11.00for the pattern or $50.00 for the kit tax & postage included.

3 comments:

  1. HI Carola,

    I just found your blog and I'm a Northern BC quilter with Good Earth Quilting Blog. I'm looking for Canadian businesses who would like to sponsor my upcoming Crazy Quilt Along 2014?
    I just love this fabric in your Chinese Puzzle. Are you interested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    My name is Todd DuBay.
    I made this quilt (block), and while it looks complicated, it's insanely easy! I made a little time lapse video about it's construction, if you're interested:

    http://www.quiltinginthefastlane.com/mppmu

    I'm not selling anything . . . just simply inviting you to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to get the chinese puzzle quilt pattern pictured above. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete